Home >> Chemicals Listing >> hot product list by I  

Indium oxide (In2O3) (1312-43-2)

Identification
Name:Indium oxide (In2O3)
Synonyms:Diindiumtrioxide;EP-ITO-DL 1;India;Indium oxide (2:3);Indiumsesquioxide;Indium trioxide;Indium(3+) oxide;Indium(III) oxide;Mesatron;Trioxodiindium;
CAS:1312-43-2
EINECS: 215-193-9
Molecular Formula: In2O3
Molecular Weight: 277.64
InChI: InChI=1S/2In.3O/q2*+3;3*-2
Molecular Structure: (In2O3) Diindiumtrioxide;EP-ITO-DL 1;India;Indium oxide (2:3);Indiumsesquioxide;Indium trioxide;Indium(3+) o...
Properties
Transport:UN1993
Boiling Point: 850
Density:7.18
Stability:Stable. Not flammable. Incompatible with acids.
Water Solubility:insoluble in water.
Solubility:insoluble in water.
Appearance:white to light yellow powder
Specification:

The Indium oxide, with the cas registry number 1312-43-2, has the IUPAC name of oxo(oxoindiganyloxy)indigane. This is a kind of white to light yellow powder and is stable but incompatible with acids. Besides, its product categories are various, including Inorganics; 49: In; IndiumMaterials Science; Nanomaterials; Nanoparticles: Oxides, Nitrides, and Other CeramicsNanomaterials; Nanopowders and Nanoparticle Dispersions; Catalysis and Inorganic Chemistry; Chemical Synthesis; Indium; IndiumMetal and Ceramic Science; Oxides.

The characteristics of this chemical are as follows: (1)H-Bond Acceptor: 3; (2)Exact Mass: 277.7925; (3)MonoIsotopic Mass: 277.7925; (4)Topological Polar Surface Area: 43.4; (5)Heavy Atom Count: 5; (6)Complexity: 34.2; (7)Covalently-Bonded Unit Count: 1; (8)Melting point:  2000°C; (9)Density:  7.18 g/mL at 25 °C(lit.); (10)Vapor pressure:  <0.01 mm Hg ( 25 °C).

When you are using this chemical, you should be very cautious. For being a kind of irritant chemical, it is irritating to eyes, respiratory system and skin and may cause inflammation to the skin or other mucous membranes. Therefore, you should wear suitable protective clothing and if in case of contact with eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of water and seek medical advice.

As to its usage, it is widely applied in many ways. This chemical could be used as the spectrum pure reagent and the material of electronic component; It is also used in some types of batteries, thin film infrared reflectors transparent for visible light (hot mirrors), some optical coatings, and some antistatic coatings,etc.

Additionally, you could convert the following datas into the molecular structure:
(1)Canonical SMILES: O=[In]O[In]=O
(2)InChI: InChI=1S/2In.3O
(3)InChIKey: SHTGRZNPWBITMM-UHFFFAOYSA-N 

Below are the toxicity information of this chemical:

Organism Test Type Route Reported Dose (Normalized Dose) Effect Source
guinea pig LD oral > 10gm/kg (10000mg/kg)   Gigiena Truda i Professional'nye Zabolevaniya. Labor Hygiene and Occupational Diseases. Vol. 29(12), Pg. 38, 1985.
mouse LDLo intraperitoneal 5gm/kg (5000mg/kg)   Gigiena i Sanitariya. For English translation, see HYSAAV. Vol. 30(10), Pg. 28, 1965.
mouse LDLo oral 10gm/kg (10000mg/kg)   Gigiena i Sanitariya. For English translation, see HYSAAV. Vol. 30(10), Pg. 28, 1965.
rat LD oral > 10gm/kg (10000mg/kg)   Gigiena Truda i Professional'nye Zabolevaniya. Labor Hygiene and Occupational Diseases. Vol. 29(12), Pg. 38, 1985.

Report:

The Indium oxide, with the cas registry number 1312-43-2, has the IUPAC name of oxo(oxoindiganyloxy)indigane. This is a kind of white to light yellow powder and is stable but incompatible with acids. Besides, its product categories are various, including Inorganics; 49: In; IndiumMaterials Science; Nanomaterials; Nanoparticles: Oxides, Nitrides, and Other CeramicsNanomaterials; Nanopowders and Nanoparticle Dispersions; Catalysis and Inorganic Chemistry; Chemical Synthesis; Indium; IndiumMetal and Ceramic Science; Oxides.

The characteristics of this chemical are as follows: (1)H-Bond Acceptor: 3; (2)Exact Mass: 277.7925; (3)MonoIsotopic Mass: 277.7925; (4)Topological Polar Surface Area: 43.4; (5)Heavy Atom Count: 5; (6)Complexity: 34.2; (7)Covalently-Bonded Unit Count: 1; (8)Melting point:  2000°C; (9)Density:  7.18 g/mL at 25 °C(lit.); (10)Vapor pressure:  <0.01 mm Hg ( 25 °C).

When you are using this chemical, you should be very cautious. For being a kind of irritant chemical, it is irritating to eyes, respiratory system and skin and may cause inflammation to the skin or other mucous membranes. Therefore, you should wear suitable protective clothing and if in case of contact with eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of water and seek medical advice.

As to its usage, it is widely applied in many ways. This chemical could be used as the spectrum pure reagent and the material of electronic component; It is also used in some types of batteries, thin film infrared reflectors transparent for visible light (hot mirrors), some optical coatings, and some antistatic coatings,etc.

Additionally, you could convert the following datas into the molecular structure:
(1)Canonical SMILES: O=[In]O[In]=O
(2)InChI: InChI=1S/2In.3O
(3)InChIKey: SHTGRZNPWBITMM-UHFFFAOYSA-N 

Below are the toxicity information of this chemical:

Organism Test Type Route Reported Dose (Normalized Dose) Effect Source
guinea pig LD oral > 10gm/kg (10000mg/kg)   Gigiena Truda i Professional'nye Zabolevaniya. Labor Hygiene and Occupational Diseases. Vol. 29(12), Pg. 38, 1985.
mouse LDLo intraperitoneal 5gm/kg (5000mg/kg)   Gigiena i Sanitariya. For English translation, see HYSAAV. Vol. 30(10), Pg. 28, 1965.
mouse LDLo oral 10gm/kg (10000mg/kg)   Gigiena i Sanitariya. For English translation, see HYSAAV. Vol. 30(10), Pg. 28, 1965.
rat LD oral > 10gm/kg (10000mg/kg)   Gigiena Truda i Professional'nye Zabolevaniya. Labor Hygiene and Occupational Diseases. Vol. 29(12), Pg. 38, 1985.

Packinggroup: II
Storage Temperature: Store in a cool, dry place. Store in a tightly closed container.
Usage:Substance is used in glass manufacture.
Safety Data
Hazard Symbols Xi: Irritant