Home >> Chemicals Listing >> hot product list by T  

Thallium chloride(TlCl) (7791-12-0)

Identification
Name:Thallium chloride(TlCl)
Synonyms:Thalliumchloride; Thallium monochloride; Thallium(1+) chloride; Thallium(I) chloride;Thallous chloride
CAS:7791-12-0
EINECS: 232-241-4
Molecular Formula: ClTl
Molecular Weight: 239.8360
InChI: InChI=1S/ClH.Tl/h1H;/q;+1/p-1
Molecular Structure: (ClTl) Thalliumchloride; Thallium monochloride; Thallium(1+) chloride; Thallium(I) chloride;Thallous chlori...
Properties
Transport:UN 1707 6
Refractive index:2.247
Water Solubility:insoluble in water
Solubility:insoluble in water
Appearance:white, odorless crystalline
Specification:

Thallium(I) chloride is the chemical compound with the formula TlCl. This colourless solid is an intermediate in the isolation of thallium from its ores. Typically, a sulfuric acid solution of thallium(I) is treated with HCl to precipitate insoluble TlCl. This solid crystallizes in the caesium chloride motif.The crystalline structure is of cubic CsCl type at room temperature, but it lowers to the orthorombic thallium iodide type upon cooling, the transition temperature being likely affected by the impurities.
 A very rare mineral lafossaite, Tl(Cl,Br), is a natural form of thallium (I) chloride

Report:

EPA Extremely Hazardous Substances List. Thallium and its compounds are on the Community Right-To-Know List. EPA Genetic Toxicology Program. Reported in EPA TSCA Inventory.

Packinggroup: II
Storage Temperature: Poison room
Sensitive: Air Sensitive
Color: WHITE, CRYSTALLINE POWDER
White, regular crystal
Safety Data
Hazard Symbols