Identification
Name:Copper(I) oxide
Synonyms:Cuprous oxide; Copperoxideminredpowder; dicopper oxide; CopperIoxide
CAS:1317-39-1
EINECS: 215-270-7
Molecular Formula: Cu2O
Molecular Weight: 143.09
InChI: InChI=1/2Cu.O/rCu2O/c1-3-2
Molecular Structure: (Cu2O) Cuprous oxide; Copperoxideminredpowder; dicopper oxide; CopperIoxide
Properties
Transport:UN 3077
Density:6
Stability:Stable. May be air or light sensitive.
Refractive index:2.705
Water Solubility:practically insoluble
Solubility:Water solubility: Practically insoluble
Appearance:red-brown powder
Specification:

Copper (I) oxide?is one of the principal oxides of copper, and is a component of some antifouling paints.?In the history of semiconductor physics, it is one of the most studied materials, and many experimental observations and semiconductor applications have been demonstrated first in this material: Semiconductor ; Semiconductor diodes ; Experimental demostration of Wannier exciton series ; Polariton propagation beats in a solid ; Dynamical Stark effect of excitons ; Phonoritons.?Today, it is still under investigation in semiconductor optics. It is hazardous, so the first aid measures and others should be known. Such as: When on the skin: first, should flush skin with plenty of water immediately for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing. Secondly, get medical aid. Or in the eyes: Flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, occasionally lifting the upper and lower eyelids. Then get medical aid soon. While, it's inhaled: Remove from exposure and move to fresh air immediately. Then you have the ingesting of the product: Wash mouth out with water, and get medical aid immediately.
In addition, Copper (I) oxide (CAS NO.1317-39-1) could be stable under normal temperatures and pressures. You must not take it with incompatible materials, exposure to air, and it should be exposured to moist air or water. And also prevent it to broken down into hazardous decomposition products:?Oxides of copper.

Report:

Reported in EPA TSCA Inventory. Copper and its compounds are on the Community Right-To-Know List.

Packinggroup: III
Storage Temperature: Store in a cool, dry place. Keep container closed when not in use. Storage under a nitrogen blanket has been recommended. Store protected from moisture.
Sensitive: Air & Moisture Sensitive
Color: Red-brown cubic crystals
Cubic crystals; or microcrystalline powder. Color may be yellow, red or brown depending on the method of preparation and particle size
AMORPHOUS POWDER, COLOR RANGING FROM YELLOW TO RED
Reddish-brown octahedral crystals
Yellow, orange, or red crystals
Yellow-to-red amorphous powder or octahedral crystals
Amorphous powder, yellow to red color range
Usage:

Fungicide.

Safety Data
Hazard Symbols Xn:Harmful